Make an impact! Join the team!
Join our award-winning team, helping retailers thrive!
Business Development Manager
Remote / Yorkshire, UK | £26k salary + OTE
Saledock is a cloud-based commerce platform designed with retailers, for retailers. We help make business life easier for start-ups and well established multi-store retailers. Our all-in-one platform unifies in-store and online sales, and helps retailers understand and manage their stock more effectively. As an early stage tech company, you’ll be amongst our initial hires, working directly with the founders, having real impact on business processes and growth plans.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team. You will be the first point of contact for potential Saledock customers. You will be responsible for driving revenue growth by generating and qualifying leads, and closing deals by demonstrating Saledock to potential customers. Your goal is to position Saledock as THE retail solution!
What you'll be doing:
As a Business Development Manager, you will generate and qualify leads from multiple sources, including incoming calls, emails, live chats, referrals and marketing campaigns. Your primary focus will be cold calling and email outreach, identifying leads, documenting customer requirements and scheduling demonstrations.
You will then lead product demonstrations to prospective customers mainly via video calls. You’ll focus on their pain points and requirements, and position Saledock as their retail solution. You’ll also be responsible for negotiating prices and closing the deal.
In summary, you'll:
- doneGenerate leads via cold calling and email outreach
- doneManage multiple sales cycles from initial conversations to customer launch
- doneCreate a great first impression of Saledock
- doneArticulate Saledock values and USP’s aligned to customer needs and challenges
- doneUtilise Hubspot to track opportunities, customer information and schedule demonstrations
- doneLead product demonstrations and close deals
- doneWork closely with the team to develop and refine the company’s lead generation playbook and sales funnel
- doneWhen time allows you’ll be contributing as part of the wider team to achieve organisational objectives even if this means doing things that aren’t strictly within the scope of your role
What you’ll bring to the team:
Passion and energy with confidence and ability to self-generate a high volume of leads is key for this role. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and experience in a customer-focused sales environment. You’ll quickly build rapport with customers, addressing their pain points from their point of view. A customer-focused approach, ensuring the customer understands how easier their business life will be using Saledock. You’ll be an enthusiastic team player with a can-do attitude. As part of a small team, we will celebrate the wins together and be part and parcel of our growth and success at a relatively early stage of our trajectory.
We're looking for a candidate who has experience with the following:
- doneMinimum 2 years B2B sales, ideally SaaS sales
- doneExperience generating leads is crucial; both cold calling and email outreach
- doneExperience closing deals; and familiar with a full B2B sales cycle
- doneExperience maintaining and exceeding monthly revenue targets
- doneUnderstanding of Hubspot (or similar CRM) and marketing software
- doneA retail background would be ideal, but not essential
What’s in it for you?
You’ll learn everything about us, Saledock’s background and processes. You’ll receive practical onboarding and work with us to improve our sales pipeline. We’re a fast-paced, energetic company that cares about people. We plan to grow 10 fold in the next 18 months, so there will be genuine opportunities to progress to senior/director level as the team grows. If you’re ready to make your mark and up for a challenge, then apply today!
Plus, we have a range of benefits:
- done£10-12k OTE
- doneHealth and wellness benefits
- donePension programme
- doneSocial events
- doneCharity/volunteering days off
- doneA flexible environment
No recruitment agencies! Unless we’ve contacted your agency directly, CV’s will not be accepted.
Who we are and what we do:
Saledock’s cloud-based platform is an all-in-one ePOS, eCommerce and inventory management solution. Saledock eliminates the need for multiple disconnected systems, saving retailers time and boosting productivity. We launched Saledock in 2020 with a mission to empower retailers with the tools they need to succeed. At the heart of what we do is community; our customers and our team. Our people first approach has helped Saledock grow, form long lasting relationships with customers, and ensure every voice is heard. We’re a small team so you’ll be working with passionate founders, having an impact on everyday business processes.
Saledock is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces, values and champions diversity, equality and inclusion.
To apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.Apply today